Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K Live Production Switcher
The Blackmagic Design ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K is a UHD 4K-compatible, 8-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel, suitable for broadcast, sports, web, and A/V productions. This versatile switcher’s eight independent 12G-SDI inputs accept all popular HD and UHD signals up to 2160p60. A re-syncing feature on each input enables you to seamlessly use an amalgam of pro and consumer cameras, game consoles, and computer feeds.
Switch, add effects, color grade, and key in real time using the control surface’s buttons, knobs, and slider. CCU functions are available for controlling Blackmagic Studio and URSA Mini/Broadcast/Micro Studio cameras from the switcher. A software-based control panel is included and may be used independently, or on multiple laptops for delegating multicamera control. The ATEM Advanced Chroma Keyer, with one upstream and two downstream keys, offers live graphics and virtual set creation with improved image control and spill correction. Create PiP effects, resize and scale live video, and choose from 17 powered transitions with the ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K’S DVE processor.
Multiview output is available for all eight channels, via HDMI or SDI, complete with tally, labeling, audio metering, and safe-area marking. A talkback function is available for director/operator communication with compatible cameras. The integrated Fairlight audio mixer features six-band parametric EQ, compression, limiting, and stereo simulation on analog and mic inputs. Mix solely from the panel, or use the multitrack interface on your Mac or Windows PC. Use the auxiliary output port to send your switched program or clean feed to a large-scale screen or other display.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K has built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in preprogrammed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the Upstream Keyer. You can use luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys are sometimes known as “self” keys because the same video source is used for cutting the key and overlaying the video image. Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images together in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the 18 built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
Multiview allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and program outputs on a single screen so you don’t need separate monitors for your individual cameras. You get HDMI and SDI multiview outputs so you can connect professional broadcast SDI monitors, computer monitors, or even consumer HDTV sets.
Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The two media players appear as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full-frame video, or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. Popular image formats such as PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
The ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K features a built-in CCU and DaVinci Resolve primary color corrector, which can be used to balance camera color and create unique looks. You can use the buttons on the hardware panel to make basic adjustments, or use the DaVinci Resolve primary interface on the software control panel.
A physical transition slider provides tactile control of a transition, for moments when a manual slider is preferable to a preprogramed transition.
- Eight 12G-SDI inputs, each with re-sync and low-latency conversion
- Supports HD video signals up to UHD 4K 2160p60
- 12-input, 2-channel Fairlight audio mixer
- UHD 4K multiviewer with up to 10 windows
- CCU functions for compatible cameras
- ATEM advanced chroma keyer
- Integrated talkback feature for compatible cameras
- Powerful DVE processor, 2-clip media pool with fill and key
- Mac and PC compatible
SPECIFICATIONS BLACKMAGIC DESIGN ATEM Television Studio PRO 4K
|Model||ATEM Television Studio PRO 4K|
|Inputs||12G/HD/SD-SDI: 8 x BNC
Audio: 2 x 3-Pin XLR
Reference: 1 x BNC
|Outputs||12G/HD/SD-SDI: 8 x BNC
Auxiliary: 1 x BNC
Program: 1 x BNC
Multiview: 1 x BNC
Multiview: 1 x HDMI
|Other||1 x RS-422
1 x Ethernet
1 x USB 2.0
1 x AC Power In
1 x 4-pin XLR Power In
2160p: 59.94/50/29.97/25/24/23.98HD Video:
720p: 59.94/50Input Resolutions for Computers
|SDI Compliance||292M, 424M, 2081, 2082|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2, 10-bit|
|Color Precision||4:2:2, 10-bit|
|Color Space||4:2:2 YUV|
|Audio Mixer||10-input x 2-channel mixer|
Transition (Stinger/DVE): 1
|Layers||Up to 5|
|Interface||Requires monitor resolution of 1366 x 768 or greater|
|Number of Windows||Multiview: 1 x 10
Fixed, Program, and Preview: 2
|Media Player||Players: 2 (Non-Volatile Flash Memory)
Media Pool Still Image Capacity: 20 (with Fill and Key)
Media Pool Still Image Format: PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF
Channels: Fill and Key for Each Media Player
Media Pool Clip Capacity: 2 (with Fill and Key / Shared Pool)
Media Pool Clip File Format: TGA Sequence
Media Player Clip Length:
Media Pool Audio File Format: WAV, MPE, AIFF
|Tally||Red for program, green for preview (tally output supported via Ethernet connection to separately available GPI and Tally Interface products)|
|Processing Delay||6 lines|
|OS Support||Apple MacOS 10.13 or newer
Windows 8.1 or 10
|Power Supply||110-240 VAC (internal) 70W|
|Dimensions||42.29 x 30.20 cm|
INCLUDED BY DEFAULT
- ATEM Television Studio Pro 4K
- SD card with software and manual