- Supports HD SDI (292M), SD SDI (259M), and DVB-ASI MPTS/SPTS (Windows only
- Simulstream, a standard feature on all SDI models, is an Osprey feature which allows each input to produce multiple parallel output streams with completely independent settings for color space, cropping, scaling, closed caption and overlays facilitating simultaneous delivery to multiple applications.
- In the event of signal loss, the Osprey card automatically replaces the lost video with color bars with options for text overlay and audio tones. This feature helps prevent unplanned stoppage of downstream applications upon signal loss.
- An Osprey SDK is also available to allow developers to take full advantage of the Osprey 800e driver capabilities.
- The 840e can be used with the Osprey 800a (available separately). The Osprey 800a audio input card is a separate expansion board that adds two pairs of balanced audio via XLR connectors, along with two additional pairs that can be configured as either unbalanced (RCA), AES/EBU or SPDIF (RCA).
Osprey 840e Quad HD-SDI Video Capture Card
|Format||PCI Express: x4
Slots: x4, x8, or x16
|Video Input||4 x HD SMPTE 292M
4 x SD SMPTE 259M
|Video Connector||4 x SDI (BNC)|
|Video Modes||1080i 50, 59.94, 60
1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
720p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
720 x 480 29.97, 30/i (NTSC)
720 x 576 25/i (PAL)
720 x 576 25, 50/p
|Audio Input||Embedded SDI (4 stereo pairs per SDI input)|
|Drivers||Available for Microsoft Windows and Linux|
|System Recommendations (Minimum)||PCIe bus with direct access to the CPU|
|Power Consumption||9.36 W|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Non-Operating Temperature||104 to 167°F (40 to 75°C)|
|Relative Humidity||Operating: Between 5 and 80% (non-condensing)
Non-Operating: 95% RH (non-condensing); gradient 30% per hour
|Altitude||Operating: 0 to 10,000′ (0 to 3048 m)
Non-Operating: 0 to 50,000′ (0 to 15,240 m)
|Dimensions||6.60 x 4.38″ (16.76 x 11.13 cm)|
|Weight||Approximately 4 oz (122 g)|