To setup RTMP live streaming using vMix, you will need to follow these steps:
- First, make sure that you have vMix installed on your computer. If you don’t have vMix, you can order it here. Or download a free trial from the vMix website (https://www.vmix.com/).
- Open vMix and click on the “Add” button in the “Inputs” section of the main screen. From the drop-down menu that appears, select the “RTMP” option.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the “RTMP URL” and “Stream Key” for your live stream. These will be provided by the platform or service that you are using for your live stream (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, etc.).
- After you have entered the RTMP URL and Stream Key, click on the “Add” button to add the RTMP input to vMix.
- You will now see the RTMP input added to the “Inputs” section of vMix, and you can use the on-screen controls to adjust the settings and make any necessary changes.
- To start your live stream, click on the “Go Live” button in the “Outputs” section of vMix. This will start the live stream on the platform or service that you are using (e.g. Facebook, YouTube, etc.), and you will see a live stream notification on your page or channel.
- While you are live streaming, you can use vMix to switch between different inputs, add overlays, apply effects, and make other changes to your live stream in real time.
- When you are ready to end your live stream, click on the “Stop” button in the “Outputs” section of vMix. This will stop the live stream on the platform or service that you are using, and you will be able to review and save a copy of the recorded video.
- Congratulations, you have successfully setup and streamed a live video using vMix and RTMP!